Tuesday, April 24, 2012

What's my type...

   Franklin Gothic No 2.

I like the shape of the 'K'... its like the kind of 'k' you would see in a brand for milk, it has the right kind of thickness, and the intersecting angles are nice to look at. I think there's also a good balance of straight lines and curves used in the alphabet.







   Trebuchet MS.

Much lighter than the Franklin Gothic but that's maybe why I like this typeface more. Trebuchet has always been a favourite of mine (hence the use of the font on this blog). The lightness of the letters allows much more space in the aperture, eye and counters... this way its more softer.




     VAG Rounded.

This typeface seems less serious than the rest. Its rounded edges says, "Look at me I'm fun and bubbly". I can't help but think of Primary School days with alphabet charts.









   Neuzeit Grotesk.

... Neuzeit Grotesk, you are just my type. I'll be using this font throughout the typeface poster series project. I think its bold yet elegant. The capitals are striking and not as condensed as the Trebuchet, which I think gives it more solidity. I'm excited to see what I can do with this typeface.

No comments:

Post a Comment